Monday 12 November 2007

Electronic retailing...

On the 6th of November, in class we talked about electronic retailing or e- tailing and how is it done over the internet.

One thing which e-tailing makes everything easy and beneficial for the company is selling the goods directly to the customer and cutting out the intermediary. I liked this idea of processing because it makes the profits of the companies higher with a direct selling system where the also manufacturer can know more about its customer and who is it dealing with. I think this system works best with the manufacturers of the industrial goods where it is simple to order because in this case customers know what are they looking for. Dell can be given as an example to this where its products are clear and specific so it can be directly ordered from the internet. In the other industries such as furniture or clothing it might not work properly because people want to see the products choose and try there. For me, it is really difficult buy clothes from the internet because the ones I choose definitely need to be tried.

Moreover, after the lecture and learning more about the e-tailing, I understood that online travel and tourism agencies are one of the best in this business even though there are some limitations such as people who do not use internet and the amount of other difficulties. Finally, I decided to do my business report on this topic where I think we would be successful on this area.

No comments: