Wednesday 10 October 2007

Learning how to analyse a web site...

Web site analysis is very important in the e-business and e-commerce where it has to be done perfectly for web site to be efficient in the online market. As I understood, there are several different ways of building or acquiring a web site according to the needs of the companies, institutions or due to their communication styles where they can be classified differently from each other. Before I started to learn about how to analyze a web site, I have never thought that it was important and too much detailed. I have never thought of the criteria’s in these details where nearly everything is thought for the benefits of users and chosen according to the aims.

After knowing more the criteria’s, the first thing I thought about was our family company’s web page. I wanted to decide whether it designed is good or not according to the necessary points to be analyzed. At the end of the class session, I understood that it is not a well a very well designed web page and it needs to be developed for the easy use of the customers. After I had my views this way about our web page, I wanted to improve it as soon as possible for it to be more beneficial for the customers to find the information that they are looking for easier with easy accessibility. Moreover, I have never thought about the users and the difficulties that they might get while using the internet. The difficulties people might get can be because of their knowledge, their age, their capabilities or disabilities while using the internet. I thought like everyone is like me and I assumed that everyone is good at using web pages where I was not right. But in fact if all the necessities are taken into consideration, web page is a very serious and detailed work which always seemed to me in the opposite way.

Finally, another interesting and useful thing for me and also beneficial for the f web pages and the internet users is the 3-click strategy. It is important to reach the information that you are looking for in several clicks. Otherwise, it would be waste of time and boring for the users where they always prefer the quick, easy and friendly web sites.

No comments: